If you love Jesus and sports, here’s an opportunity for you. Brazos Valley Fellowship of Christian Athletes has an immediate need to fill the position of Administrative Assistant/Event Coordinator. This position will be responsible for coordination of day to day activities in the FCA office including scheduling, correspondence with board members, volunteers and donors, and assisting the Area Director and other staff with on-going ministry activities. In addition, this position will also coordinate logistics of fund raising and outreach events such as the annual Fall Gala, Spring Banquet, Golf tournament, and Fields of Faith outreaches as well as FCA camps.
Questions can be directed to Kyle Salmon at email@example.com. A job description is attached.
More details :
Administrative Assistant/Event Coordinator
Reports to: Mulit-Area Director
Under moderate supervision, performs administrative and clerical duties for the Director(s). Maintains organization systems, communicates with ministry partners, vendors and other staff. Maintains appointment schedules and meeting calendars and makes travel arrangements for the staff listed above. Provides coordination and support for various FCA events.
- Maintains appointment schedules and meeting calendars; makes travel arrangements and arranges meetings.Assists in scheduling and coordinating appointments with ministry partners, vendors, and other staff members.
- Provides secretarial and clerical assistance to designated staff members, requiring thorough knowledge of organizational procedures and precedents.
- Initiates activity for development of assigned projects with total responsibility, while meeting deadlines.
- Event coordination for fund raisers, golf tournaments, and staff retreats. Examples include: FCA Camp, Ministry Events, Board dinners and Banquets.
- Maintains correspondence files; file organization and retrieval systems. Keeping files up to date in a timely fashion,
- Very comfortable with computer software programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Intranet and Internet. Experience with fax, copier and other office equipment.
- Provide support in managing and enhancing local FCA Web sites. Provide assistance in developing and designing staff newsletters and correspondence.
- Board relationship, correspondences and Board meeting reports
- Coordinates with committee members for fund raising events and ensures logistics of events
- Web Page- weekly update and implementation with coordination of development and staff
- Correspond with FCA national office
- Financial Responsibilities (all with direction and guidance of Multi-Area Director)
a) Accounts payable (checks and data entry)
b) Contribution transmittals
c) Reconcile monthly bank statements
d) Monthly Home Office Reports
e) Board Finance Committees monthly reports
f) Travel voucher records
- Order and maintain office supplies for office and staff
- Maintain staff leave reports
- Distribute and process mail
- Assist with staff, board, ministry and development events
- Assist Area Director with other duties as required
- Two years administrative experience preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing to a wide variety of people; demonstrating problem-solving skills; working independently from general instruction; and maintaining effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Correct business English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary necessary to perform duties
- Ability to type accurately from a clear copy at 50 words per minute; answer telephone using correct etiquette; file organization; planning, organizing, and completing assigned work in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of the Internet and Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint required.